RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

May 25th, 2021, 06:14 AM
stwman11

We have the Warranty Expiration field, but is there a field we can use to create a Replacement date? We are considering requiring our customers to replace equipment every X years and would like to add the date in our Asset page to remind us/help us plan replacement dates.

May 25th, 2021, 06:58 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

There are three more built-in date fields under the Asset General tab that can be used for such a purpose and also one additional date field (the system name is Date1) under the Asset Details tab.

The field names can be customized and renamed using the Field Settings window (right click the field label to reach it from the displayed menu).

In case the existing fields are already in use, you can create a custom tab and add a new date field as explained in Field Customization.

As an alternative, or in addition to the above , you can add a Task under the Asset and set a reminder that will pop prior to the Task due date.

Hope this helps.

May 25th, 2021, 07:44 AM
stwman11

Thank you; I did update the field settings in the thick client and it shows on it, but when I go to the web version, the previous label still shows. I logged out and back in, but the previous value is still showing.

May 25th, 2021, 07:51 AM
Support Team

Please restart the 'CRM Web Interface' service or IIS (if in use) in order the field settings changes will affect the Web portal.

May 25th, 2021, 07:56 AM
stwman11

That did it; thank you.