RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 14th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Brian Roberts

When I place a doc into CommitCRM I can choose a category. Is it possible to keep users from seeing certain categories? EX: I don't want a tech to see Admin or Sales docs.

September 14th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Support Team

Document files managed under RangerMSP are stored externally to RangerMSP and on your server hard drive. Therefore, filtering by a category wouldn't have prevented users from accessing the files directly. Therefore, what usually works is to use standard Windows/domain permission scheme to protect access to specific folders and then you can drag/drop the file from that folder into RangerMSP to file it (under the Account/Ticket/Contract/etc.). When adding the file to RangerMSP as a Document select the 'Link to file' option. This way the file will remain in its original location (where only specific users can access) and be listed in RangerMSP. When a user that does not have access to the folder where the file is stored will try to open it from RangerMSP, a message will be popped and telling them they cannot access it.

Hope this helps.