RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 5th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Brian Roberts

When I am opening tickets my Ticket Managers are not receiving an email. Is there a log that shows if Commit sent an email?

February 5th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Support Team

Technical logs exist, but perhaps they did not select to receive alerts? Each user should separately select their own alerting preferences under Tools > Options > Alerts tab in RangerMSP.

Give it a try.

February 6th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Brian Roberts

Yes I checked to make sure that they are set to receive tickets they are the Manager of. Still nothing.

February 7th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Support Team

This may be obvious - however - do you have the RangerMSP Server service installed on your server and if so, is it turned ON? Also, do you get any other type of alerts and only not these ones here?

February 7th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Brian Roberts

Thanks for the reply. Yes the service is on. I get alerts sent to me. I have my preferences set to notify me for every ticket. The Techs preferences are set to notify them if they are the Ticket Manager. It's probably something simple but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

February 7th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Support Team

From what you described it seems that the Alerts featute indeed work well and that the issue might be related to the user Alerts settings.

Here some things to check and verify:

Email1 or/and Email2 addresses are set for the user under its Employee record in RangerMSP and when logging in to RangerMSP with this user - under Tools-> Options -> Alerts you can see these email addresses (visually).

Also, check you check if the alerts were wrongly marked as spam and also maybe there's a Rule (Outlook/Gmail/etc.) that makes such incoming email message skip the Inbox...

Hope this helps.

February 7th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Brian Roberts

Ok...I found the issue. I didn't realize I need to turn it on under Tools>Options>Alerts as well. I did and they tested successfully. I knew it was a simple thing! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

February 7th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Support Team

Great! Thanks for the update.