RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 30th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Brian Roberts

Since there is only one address in CommitCRM how are the rest of you handling customers where you want two addresses? We would like our techs to have the physical address but there are times that we will need the ship to address as well. Are you using customer fields for this?

April 30th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Support Team

Here's our take, maybe others will share their best practice:

You can edit the mailing address for an Account by clicking the small envelop icon located left to the address field. A Window will open and you can customize it.

In addition, you can manage additional addresses under the Contacts tab of the Account and link the Tickets to the relevant Contact/Address.

Last but not least, you can set the mailing address in Quickbooks and set the office address in RangerMSP. QuickBooks Invoices generated from RangerMSP will use the address in QuickBooks (unless set manually otherwise) - so invoices will have the mailing address while in RangerMSP the main address will be the actual location where service is provided.

Hope this helps.

July 5th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Project3IT

I was curious about this as we have entered in the addresses by clicking the envelope for mailing and using the other fields for office and when we do reports both addresses come up in the same field.
So it looks like the following:
Name
Office address line 1
Mailing address line 2
Office town
Office state
Post code
Country

It is kind of annoying.
I have clicked on the separate address option and it doesn't seem to change it.
I have just started working in the quote system, previously we we manually doing the quotes, and the address field is something I was going to post about here... So our bill to address shows as above and th field for ship to is empty. I can't work out why.
If anyone can shed light on if it is something I have done wrong on account creation or if this is a CommitCRM thing I would be grateful.

July 8th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Support Team

​W​hen creating a Quote the ship-to address is indeed empty by default and you can fill it by selecting one of the Account's Contacts​ from the drop down list above the address field or you can load the address from any other Account using 'Load' button.

Therefore, it may be better practice in your scenario to add ship to address as a Secondary​ Contact under the Account and select it when needed.

Hope it helps.