RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 11th, 2010, 07:18 PM
iteamme

I need to do some customization involving moving fields between tabs (either a stock CommitCRM tab or one I've created) in order to roganize the information along the lines we need to reflect how we approach our business. I know I can (or at lease I've read that I can) add a built-in field to a tab I created (essentially moving it) ... but, how do I remove or hide a built-in the field from its original tab?

I'm a CommitCRM newbie, so any help in this regard will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

October 12th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Support Team

iteamme,

Thank you for asking this. As you already know you can add a system field to a customized tab. System fields cannot be removed from system tabs though, so you may need to create a custom tab with system fields only.
In any case, you can select not to display a system tab, so you'll end up with your customized-tabs, that may include some system fields.

That being said, we do recommend leaving some of system tabs visible as in some cases they hold some useful application logic which is not found with custom tabs. Therefore, try, as much as practical, leaving the system tabs and use the system fields on custom tabs as much as possible.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Doron