RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
nharel

HI all. I have clients who have a monthly contract for a set number of support hours. So at the end of every month, I run the batch copy to create a new "contract" for the following month. This does the trick, however, I was wondering if there is a way to automate this so that I don't have to remember to do this each month. Is there some script or automation feature?

thanks

October 1st, 2010, 02:31 PM
Support Team

nharel,

You should consider creating future contracts for specific clients manually, and then you don't need to handle it every month. I refer to the option to renew a Contract to the next period and create Contracts for the next 12 months or so. That being said, I'm not sure whether it's the best practice, this is because you may add some relevant notes and terms, these are copied each month, however if all were created up front notes will not move from one Contract to the other anymore.

I think that the best option would be to set a recurring Task to reminder you to the the Batch Renew once a month and you're done.

HTH,
Bracha

October 2nd, 2010, 08:10 AM
nharel

I understand your view, however, I was looking more for some sort of script that will operate each month automatically. I agree that I do not want to create 12 contracts ahead of time. I would like to automate it so I do not have to do it manually.

Is there some "scripting" capability inside or outside of CommitCRM that will allow me to do something like this.

October 4th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Support Team

nharel,

The options I listed I currently the only ones currently available.

Thanks,
Bracha

October 4th, 2010, 03:27 PM
nharel

OK. one more question...
Once I have created the new contracts for the following months, is there a way to hide the old "expired" contracts. They are starting to grow and getting in the way of the current ones.

October 5th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Support Team

nharel,

Yes, you can hide them so they won't be available for selection (like when opening a new ticket or logging a new charge) by modifying their status to Complete.

This should be performed manually on a Contract by Contract basis... the good news is that the coming release, RangerMSP 5.5, offers some nice tool to automate this. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Bracha