RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 19th, 2018, 07:05 AM
i2pinc

We often have multiple technicians working on the same tickets/projects and having multiple managers would be very useful. Is this something that could be implemented?

January 19th, 2018, 08:57 AM
rfbalmer

I agree with this request. We run into this situation on a regular basis.

January 19th, 2018, 09:15 AM
Support Team

The Ticket Manager is the sole person responsive end-to-end that this Ticket will be resolved. This isn't to say that others can't help, they can and they can work on such tickets, log their times, log parts used, histories, etc. To structure this further you can create Tasks under the very same Ticket and assign each such Task to a different technician. This is normally the use case with Tickets that are a bit more complex or takes more time to resolve.

Another approach, with even "larger" and more complex Tickets is to add different Tickets and assign each to a different Tech while having one Ticket that "groups" them all, namely, one "master" Ticket that under its 'Linked Tickets' tab you link all related tickets. True, this is managing separate tickets. It is very easy for techs to see what tickets they need to work on - simply by visiting the list of tickets assigned to them.

Hope this helps and we'll take a note of you asking.

January 19th, 2018, 09:20 AM
i2pinc

Linked ticket would be a better solution if we could close all linked tickets at once as well as linking multiple tickets in one operation instead of having to select them one by one.

January 19th, 2018, 10:59 AM
aaspeer

Maybe adding the ability to add technicians to tasks within the tickets would be helpful. I always have wanted the ability to assign other technicians to tickets to ensure people log labor.

January 19th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Robfnz

I agree with this.
I understand the need to have one manager of a ticket but it would be good to be able to assign other techs who are involved in the job/ticket if for no other reason than so it shows up in their tickets view.

The roles of ticket manager and assigned tech are not necessarily the same.

January 22nd, 2018, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Feedback is noted. Thanks.