RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Running an IT Services Business

November 11th, 2010, 08:11 AM
jsmith

Hello Everyone,

Is anyone aware of a method in CommitCRM that can employees can use as a time clock? If not can you recommend another web based time clock method?

Thanks

December 15th, 2010, 03:19 PM
pops1000uk

yeah i would like a tracking system - time system

March 9th, 2011, 09:53 PM
DavidF

Keeping track of time is always a problem. We used to use Quick Books that had quite a good time sheet component that let you see at a glance how many hours had been charged for the day and the week. This is very handy for keeping track of time. Our Legal clients have an application that has budgeted hours and actual hours for each employee so that they can see where they are at with meeting targets.

It would be great if a similar component could be added to CommitCRM so that the employee added time per job via a time sheet that kept a running total of hours charged. Presumably that would
be a matter of having a data entry sheet that was specific to the employee and allowed them to add time to a client or a ticket from within that screen.

If anyone at CommitCRM is listening that would be a great feature to add.

David

March 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM
AN-Tech

If there was a way to track it in CommitCRM then it could also be sync'd into Quickbooks timesheet program for generating payroll.

March 24th, 2011, 04:50 AM
lpopejoy

We just started using ontheclock.com. Seems to be working well - though not incredibly intuitive.

January 7th, 2013, 05:45 PM
pyro77

I couldn't handle the lack of employee timesheet management in CommitCRM anymore so I asked one of our programmers to design a web application! Now our techs sign into the timesheet remotely and can select whether they are on-site, working in shop, performing remote support, taking a break, etc. If you have technicians who get paid different rates for different work or contractors, our software is fantastic and simple to use. Let me know if you would be interested in purchasing a copy! Sofware must be hosted on your own webserver. Reports are compiled into a pdf at an admin's request and can be entered into QB/Accting software for paying employees.

January 7th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Aveyotech

I agree with all of you, but i feel this is a fundamental flaw with CommitCRM. I can't not understand why we should use another software or utility...It Should be Built in to COMMIT. See my post below.

Time Tracking Frustrations!