RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 24th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hypercat

This may be an easy one but I cannot find any reference to it in the KB. I have several clients with many users. I have added each user as an account inCommitCRM. Each of these users can have many assets (laptops, workstations, local printer, etc.), all good. But I need to do the reverse also- Link many users to one asset. For example a network printer is used by many users/accounts and it would be great to be able assign that asset to the many different users/accounts that use it. Another example would be network switches (many accounts /one asset). Is this possible?

September 24th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Support Team

Hypercat,

Thanks for asking this.

Usually the way it is configured is as follows:
You add a single Account record to each of your customers, then, using the Account' Contacts tab you manage all secondary contacts for this Account - like all users and other contact persons.

You then add Assets under the each Account - for servers, printers, etc.

Each Asset can also be linked to a specific Contact, one of the Account' Contacts. This way you can link each PC to the user (Contact) that uses it, etc.

As for shared Assets, like printer you do not assign it to a specific Contact as can leave it linked to the primary one.

Now, whenever someone reports a problem with an Asset (like "printer not working") you open new service Ticket for this Account.
The newly created Ticket can be linked to the specific Asset the problem was reported on (like "HP Laserjet 4050 TN Printer"). As the problem was reported by one of the persons that uses this shared printer, you can also select their Contact record for this specific Ticket.

This way you can manage multiple Assets for each Account, assign them to specific Contacts and when service is required for shared Assets assign the relevant Contact (and Asset) the the Ticket you create for the problem.

Hope this helps.
Sherry