RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

June 10th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Support Team

When working with RangerMSP, it provides various keyboard shortcuts which are quite helpful, such as:

1. Ctrl+G - in various windows, such as New Ticket, New Appointment and more, you can click Ctrl+G when you are done updating all the information in the window. This will save the change and close the window.

2. Ctrl+T - This will activate the Timer from anywhere, and will automatically link it to the currently selected entity. For example, if you are viewing a Ticket, you can click Ctrl+T and the Timer will be opened, linked to the selected Ticket.

3. Ctrl+M - in the Tickets window, this will set the selected Ticket as completed

4. Switching views (e.g. when viewing the Tickets window): Ctrl+D will display complete details, Ctrl+K will display List and Details, Ctrl+L will display a list and Ctrl+E will display the list with details.

And of course, Ctrl+S to save your changes, Ctrl+N for New, Ctrl+P to print, Ctrl+W to open the accounts window.

Hope this helps!

The RangerMSP Support Team

December 11th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Support Team

New keyboard shortcut in RangerMSP 6.1:

A new powerful F8 keyboard shortcut was added throughout the system. Hitting F8 automatically opens selection lists in all fields, including in Account selection, Asset selection, predefined text selection, drop down list selection fields, etc.

Use F8 to further streamline data entry by keeping your hands on the keyboard.

Enjoy!
The RangerMSP Support Team

December 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM
nattivillin

Ctrl+G doesnt do anything for me.

November 12th, 2014, 09:56 AM
AbsolutelyPC

Is there a shortcut key to create a new task?

November 12th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. Unfortunately there isn't, though if you are in the Tasks list tab of the Calendar then you can simply double click the 'white-space' area below the task lines to initiate a new Task (same applies to any other type of entity). In any case, we'll take a note of this, thanks for asking.

In addition to the shortcuts listed above, there are many new keyboard shortcuts that are available, allowing easy access to all of the application windows.

The following new shortcuts will open the specified window:
Ctrl+Alt+A – Accounts.
Ctrl+Alt+O – Opportunities.
Ctrl+Alt+S – Assets.
Ctrl+Alt+Q – Quotes.
Ctrl+Alt+K – Knowledge Base.
Ctrl+Alt+L – Calendar.
Ctrl+Alt+D – Dispatcher.
Ctrl+Alt+M – Messages.
Ctrl+Alt+H – History.
Ctrl+Alt+C – Charges.
Ctrl+Alt+B – Contracts (Billing).
Ctrl+Alt+I – Items.
Ctrl+Alt+E – Employees.
Ctrl+Alt+R - Reports.

March 28th, 2016, 04:01 PM
anchalj

Hello,

is there a shortcut to cancel a ticket?

March 29th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

There is no shortcut to cancel/delete the ticket.

In case you need to delete multiple tickets at once, then you can use the option under Tickets menu > Tools > Batch Delete Tickets.
This action deletes up to 30 tickets at a time.

Please take a BACKUP before batch delete tickets and filter the tickets list to only include/list the tickets that you want to delete.

Hope this helps.

July 7th, 2022, 06:19 PM
jdorwinCDS

Why can't I use the common keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+End to select all the text after my cursor when I'm in the Notes, Description, or Resolution fields? Those keys should highlight all the text after the cursor, but it takes me to seemingly a random different ticket.

July 8th, 2022, 06:08 AM
Support Team

It should work and it actually just worked for me while testing this in all of the places you listed, among others.

By any chance, do you have anything related to the keyboard/language configured differently on your PC? Can you try the same using another PC?

Thanks!