RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 8th, 2020, 08:37 AM
centurion

I have successfully used the export function to extract data from CommitCRM. Now I want to automate the process. I have the API Reference Manual but I do not see how to submit the procedure. Ideally, this would be an automatic once-a-day process. Specifically, I want the Assets - type:name, Asset - Asset - Asset Name, Assets - Expiration date, Assets - Account name, etc. I am a programmer and knowledgeable about XML and SQL select statements.

April 8th, 2020, 12:18 PM
Support Team

Thank you for asking

You can either use the same option you have while using RangerMSP client app, or indeed use the API to write a small program that queries the data from the database and save it to any format you require. Click to learn more about the software programming API that can be used for this.

Hope this helps.

April 9th, 2020, 07:57 AM
centurion

Let me rephrase my question. Assuming I have developed my XML file for a data export, what do I actually do to submit it? Maybe I am missing how a "CommitCRM client app" works.

April 9th, 2020, 08:11 AM
Support Team

With the RangerMSP client you can export manually when needed.
With the API you can develop a utility that queries the data from RangerMSP on one end and save it in any format you wish. You can also develop such a utility that it can be used with Windows Scheduler in order to get executed on any recurring time scheduler that you require.

Hope this helps.

April 9th, 2020, 09:25 AM
centurion

I have followed the links and understood everything you have said but my specific question is "How do I actually execute this procedure"? Is it like a script (Powershell)?

April 9th, 2020, 10:06 AM
Support Team

Let me try to explain -

You write your program on top of the API.
That program is probably written in C-Sharp, VB.NET or C++.

The program you write should be a standalone program, a standalone executable, meaning, an program that you can just "double click" to run.

When it runs, that programs connects to RangerMSP's database using the API, fetch data and save what's need in the format needed.

Now, as this is a standalone program, you can have it run/scheduled just like any other Windows program.
Meaning, you can use Windows Scheduler and have it run this program periodically.

All this is performed outside of RangerMSP program.
It's a program that's developed on top of the API, then you run it manually or schedule it for Windows to run.

Hope this helps.

April 19th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Lampson_sec

Please see our post here

Part of our integration is a utility that exports the CommitCRM data into a MS SQL database.
From there you could easily query data using standard SQL data methods.

We've been using it heavily internally for integration and workflows. We are interested in working with some other CommitCRM clients to test some of our utilities.

Please follow-up with us with this form if you are interested in testing this utility with us.

April 28th, 2020, 09:06 AM
adent-ctc

@centurion
Here is some sample C# code that connects to our Jupiter Server product to obtain CommitCRM asset records.
https://dentaur.com.au/jupiter-serve...asset-records/