RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

January 6th, 2015, 08:09 AM
cellsaesser

Hi

I have managed to set up click2Dial with 3CX with CommitCRM though using the Windows TAPI interface.

I was wondering if anyone has managed to bring up CommitCRM popups from incoming calls. Ideally, if a user answers a call, I'd like CommitCRM to perform an accounts search for the caller ID.

This way, sales or support staff could find out straight away if the caller has an existing ticket, opportunity or is a new client.

I could see this happening either via the TAPI or by the 3CX software running CommitCRM with the caller ID as a parameter.

Any help would be much appreciated!

January 6th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Kevin@multi.co.za

We are also using 3CX and would love this feature.

January 6th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Support Team

Using RangerMSP API one should pretty easily write a small program that gets the caller ID on one side and searches/fetches the Account/Contact record in RangerMSP to display a Window with its details. In case you do not have anyone on your team with programming skills (nothing fancy is required) then you can probably hire someone on www.elance.com or www.odesk.com for a reasonable fee.

Hope this helps.

January 7th, 2015, 02:43 AM
cellsaesser

Thanks for your reply.

I will have a look at this and see what I can do :)

If a user opts to use popups with the Web GUI, is there a search string in the URL that could be used to perform a global, account, or ticket search based on the phone number?

E.g. https://<commit server>/?cmtAction=View&cmtRecId= does a search for the Record ID but I can't seem to get a similar search working for Phone 1 or Phone 2..

January 7th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Support Team

Nope, the URL you included searches for a record by its unique identifier, RECID, there is no way to achieve a global search using the same method. Interesting idea though. Thanks.

January 13th, 2015, 07:33 PM
nextechinc

The best I've been able to do is get Asterisk to replace the caller id name with the name found in CommitCRM. From what I've read in the API documentation, it doesn't appear that there is any way to manipulate the Windows application from a third party app. I.e., tell the CommitCRM desktop app to open a particular contact or account. Is this correct?

January 14th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Support Team

What we've seen people do is implementing a basic incoming call Window with all of the customer details themselves. On one side you get the incoming call alert, then you use RangerMSP API to search/query/fetch the customer data based on the phone number, and then you display the customer details to the user in your program.

Hope this helps.

February 23rd, 2021, 12:18 AM
Kevin@multi.co.za

Has anyone managed any kind of integration with RangerMSP client for incoming calls from 3CX?

March 1st, 2021, 09:20 AM
Tapcast

We use 3CX, so would be interested in this aswell

March 9th, 2021, 08:14 PM
adent-ctc

I like this idea of a incoming call triggering the display of the RangerMSP account details for the call.
Even better, if the incoming call has a phone number of a contact that is assigned to one or more tickets[assets], display that ticket[asset] or a choice of tickets[assets].
Thanks, I have added this to our list of RangerMSP features to support in Jupiter Explorer, when we support 3CX and Yealink phones