RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 28th, 2021, 03:58 PM
nattivillin

We are looking for better email>ticket options. The main issue are people that email about a ticket without the ticket in the subject line that generate a new ticket, or multiple new tickets.

This was my dream....

Person emails support@allpro without an OPEN ticket in the subject. Instead of Ranger immediately making a new ticket Ranger replies with "Sorry, I couldn't find an open ticket for <subject line>, here is a list of open tickets, would you like to discuss one of these?". If not, click here to make a new ticket.

They click an existing ticket, it logs them into the portal and they type what they need.
<or>
They click make a new ticket, log into the portal and they type what they need.

Having clients communicate via email about tickets is great, until they change the subject line, then all hell breaks loose. I still want people to be able to open new tickets via email IF their issue isn't an existing ticket! If there is an existing ticket, they should be able to talk about that one.

Tell me you can make my dreams come true??

January 29th, 2021, 06:11 AM
Support Team

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas here.

We can definitely see both pros and cons to the suggested idea. In some ways it might be moving the "hassle" to the customer that doesn't really care about the system their MSP uses and just want to share more information... then the auto-responses will force more work on them - which is great for you and keep things organized, though maybe it's not that great to the end-customer, though that*depends.

Feedback noted and will sure be discussed and considered. Thanks for taking the time and describe how it may work better, it's really useful. Thanks!

January 29th, 2021, 07:47 PM
nattivillin

Clients "always" want to share more info but without getting that information on the CORRECT ticket, then it almost worthless.

A tech is working on ticket #456. He has the ticket open in ranger and is trying to fix whatever. 15 minutes later the client remembers we'll need the serial number to install the check software so they send it in an email not using the ticket number #456. This makes a new ticket and sits in the queue.

The tech working on #456 realizes he needs the serial number, looks in the notes, looks in assets, realizes we don't have it, and calls and the client. He has to leave a message because she's on the phone/in a meeting/etc.

The client gets out of her meeting, listens to the VM and says "well, I sent the serial number already" and so she doesn't return the message.

Next day client angrily calls and asks, why hasn't the check software been installed!! The tech assigned the ticket says, we're waiting on the serial number. She said I sent it to you yesterday! Tech says, I don't see it on the ticket. Client says "Well I sent it, then she says hold on someone from AllPro is calling on the other line.

She answers the other line and a (different) tech says, I'm calling about ticket #789. What's this code for? She rolls her eyes and says "You'll need to get your $#%@ together."

Then she emails me asking why my techs are so clueless...

Ranger worked great when we had 3 techs, not much work, and not many clients. With 10 techs, it is a nightmare because of situations like the one above.

3 pieces of vital information on 3 different tickets is not better. It is chaos.

February 1st, 2021, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Thank you for describing and sharing this scenario.