RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 11th, 2011, 05:53 PM
swildow

Hi All,

We have several customers on quarterly maintenance. We would like to enter contracts on once a year for the quarterly maintenance. Then when the time comes have the tickets generate the beginning of the month when the maintenance is to be completed.

For example in January we would enter all the contracts into the system. January's tickets would be generated and closed in Jan. Then when April rolls around we would like to see the Contract become active and tickets generated for April.

Is this possible..?

Thanks,
Steve Wildow

April 11th, 2011, 07:03 PM
lpopejoy

I'm not really sure if this will work, but have you looked at activity templates?

April 12th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Support Team

swildow,

In case I understand your requirement correctly then I believe that the system already works as you described -

Let say you have a contract for each quarter -
#1: January - March
#2: April - June
#3: July - September
#4: October - December

The Contract record for each quarter will hold its Start/End dates accordingly to the quarter dates it covers.

Whenever a new Ticket is created the system will automatically assign it to the correct Contract.

For example, Tickets created during February will automatically be entered under #1, then a Ticket that will be opened on April 1 will automatically be set under #2 (the user will not need to do anything for this).

In other words, in case you have a single Contact that is valid and active at any given time it is the one that will automatically be assigned to new Tickets.

Hope this answers your question.

Sheli

April 12th, 2011, 07:54 PM
swildow

Sheli,

Thank you for the help. That answered my question.

The software can do so much and we are changing over from a manual system, so we are happy and overwhelmed by a lot of it. :-)

Thanks,
Steve

April 13th, 2011, 07:34 AM
swildow

Hi Sheli,

Another quick question I hope..

We have a fixed fee for the contract, so I am assuming that a block of Money would be "Best Practice" when creating the contract..?

Thanks,
Steve

April 13th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Support Team

Hi Steve,

Yes, this sounds right. It'll cover everything during the period of the contract and if/when needed you can mark a Charge as Billable to charge the customer for it on top of the contract fixed fee. You can also assign the Billable Charge to the Global System Contract created automatically for each customer Account.

Thanks,
Sheli