RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

August 9th, 2018, 12:22 PM
point007

Wondering how Not Billable charges are supposed to be handled?

Example: I've got a client with a contract for managing desktops. They get 10 hours a month. I've got a block of time contract setup to open tickets against. During the month I generate a handful of tickets and all of these tickets get charges put on them. These are all non-billable charges since they're all going against the block of time.

When I'm billing anything else for this customer, like selling a desktop or a printer or something, I see all of these non-billable charges on my list and I have to manually exclude them.

Any way to not have to do this every time?

Thanks!

August 9th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Support Team

Thank you for posting. Such Billable Charge should be added under a different Contract than the one you use for the monthly managed contract. For example, you can create such Charges under the Global System Contract and they'll immediately and automatically default to Not-Billable.

Hope this helps.

August 9th, 2018, 01:54 PM
point007

So how do you track the time if you're posting everything to the Global System Contract?

August 10th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Support Team

Time logged against a block of time contract defaults to Not Billable - as the assumption is that the Block covers it.

Time logged against any other contract type maybe be Billable or Not Billable, and you have control over it at the Charge level. Also, you can configure default flag for labor charges for global contracts too.

In any case, regardless of which contract time is logged against, tracking time spent and time logged can be easily be viewed in the different Charge, Time Tracking and Contract reports in RangerMSP. You can track time spent on different customers, how time is spent by technicians, etc. - The billable flag itself is mainly managed for billing purposes, but regardless of whether or not the flag is billable, you can report on that time from many angles.

Hope this helps.