RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 14th, 2018, 11:29 AM
point007

Hi guys,

We've been working great for a long time and suddenly we're getting this error on our accounting system.

Here's a screen crop of the error message.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9evot3pal0...error.jpg?dl=0

I've reloaded Quickbooks, reloaded the QBFC, checked out the system files, made sure the PC can access the data file. Quickbooks runs fine, CommitCRM runs fine, everything is fine until we try to do any invoicing.

Any help is greatly Appreciated!

Thanks!

February 14th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Support Team

Thank you for posting. We've just replied to your email with the below:

This error codes officially means that [i]"An internal QuickBooks error occurred while trying to access the QuickBooks company data file"[i]

We recommend verifying the following:

(1) You have full access rights to the server folder where QuickBooks company file is stored.

(2) Check whether everything works well from other PCs? If so, I'd reinstall QuickBooks (after fully uninstalling it and rebooting the PC) from scratch as it is possible that something is broken locally.

(3) Try to run RangerMSP as Administrator by right clicking its shortcut and selecting the 'Run as Administrator' option, and also run QuickBooks the same way. Then try to integrate and see if that helps on that PC.

(4) Verify that the exact SAME paths are used on all PCs when accessing the same QuickBooks company file

For example - If one PC uses a mapped drive and another PC a UNC path to the same (company) file in the other.

Then verify that RangerMSP itself is also pointing to the QuickBooks Company File using the exact same path.

Please visit RangerMSP > Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab see the path defined there.

Note that with QuickBooks it is recommended to use UNC path in both application as mapped drives might sometimes "confuse" QuickBooks.

In case you need to change company path in RangerMSP (unlike in QuickBooks), go to Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab and click to change the company path and when asked select that this is the SAME company file.

And Finally:

(5) If nothing helps, try removing RangerMSP from the integrated application list in Quickbooks, restarting everything, and then reconfiguring the link between RangerMSP and QuickBooks.