RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 22nd, 2016, 02:58 PM
point007

Hi guys,

I'm looking to make the docs attached to things like tickets, contracts, and assets available outside my network. I've got the web interface working but when I try to access any of the attached docs I get an error:

CommitCRM Web Interface - Message

Error occurred while trying to start downloading file *File Name*.
Cannot access this file. Problem may be a result of the following:

1. The file is stored in a folder or a folder hierarchy that doesn't allow file downloads.This can be changed in CommitCRM client in Tools > Options… > Web Interface Window.

2. The CommitWebInterface service that runs on your server cannot access the following folder: *Folder Path* (should be a local server folder).

3. The mapping between the file's folder network path and the parallel local folder server path is invalid.This can be fixed from the CommitCRM client under Tools > Options… > Web Interface Window.

I've followed the directions I found here.

I'm stumped and not sure what to do next.

Thanks!

April 23rd, 2016, 06:03 AM
Support Team

It seems like you have follow the right directions when it comes to mapping folders. It is required to teach the Web interface where the files are located locally on your server vs. the path they are being accessed from inside of your LAN.
You do, however, needed to restart IIS (or RangerMSP Web Interface service, if that what you use) after applying the mappings, otherwise it might take some time until the new settings are propagated.

Note that the 1...2...3... above lists other options that might cause this. We assume that you followed these directions as well but in case you haven't please do.

If nothing helps, please email us a few screenshots of (1) the above mentioned mapping settings, (2) the properties window in RangerMSP (Show option) of the Document that you are trying to download (so we can see its exact network path), and (3) a screenshot of the failed attempt to download the same file using the Web interface.

Hope this helps.