RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

April 9th, 2018, 07:35 PM
bdbrower

Over the last several weeks our CommitCRM Web Interface has suddenly become unavailable. We have been just rebooting the server (noticing that it was running slowly). Recently, before rebooting the server, I checked the Task Manager and found 12 instances of "UpdateClient.exe *32" running (and using a lot of resources). I also found that the CommitCRM Server service had stopped. After ending all 12 of these "tasks" in Task Manager my server started running at normal speed, and after stopping the other two CommitCRM services and restarting all three of them our CommitCRM Web Interface started working properly again. This has since happened two more times, and the "fix" worked every time. What is triggering these tasks to open multiple instances, and what do I need to do to prevent this problem? BTW, I downloaded and successfully installed the latest update right after it was released. This problem seems to have started more recently.

April 10th, 2018, 06:02 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The cause for this is most likely lack of access right privileges.

By default the server side services run under the Local System user. You should edit the properties of all RangerMSP's services and have them log in and run under an Administrator user. Then restart all services.

The following services may be installed on your server:

RangerMSP Server
RangerMSP Web Interface
RangerMSP RMM Server

In case you use IIS as your Web server for the Web interface - Modify its user too.

Please give it a try.

Hope this helps.