RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 4th, 2018, 12:09 PM
bdbrower

Due to reasons pertinent to my company, we are using Google Forms as the service request tool for our customers (this allows specific service request questions/answers for each of our contract customers based on their IT environment). The third-party email notification add-on that I use with Google Forms uses a Gmail alias email address from my Gmail account to send out email notifications, and I am using an alias address within the domain of my customer ("techwizards@mycustomersdomain.com") for this purpose. I have entered their domain name (mycustomersdomain.com) as the second email address in their CommitCRM account record, but when these notifications arrive they are not being snagged by CommitCRM's email connector to create a ticket in the customer's CommitCRM account. I'm assuming this may be because they are being sent from a Gmail alias account; perhaps CommitCRM's Email Connector pulls the "from" address from a different property within the email header than the one that contains the email alias when it scans incoming emails? Any ideas? Thank you.

January 4th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. We also suspect that the alias is set by gmail to a different email header token than the From that is being analyzed, and that the email is From an email address with your domain, e.g. we don't think that Gmail allows relaying messages - sending as another domain.

Maybe try to approach it a little differently - have the email sent from an email address of your domain - an address that is logged as Email1 or Email2 of one of your Employee records in RangerMSP (and to ONLY one).

Then, have the customer email address listed first on the subject line prefixed with @, namely, have the email subject line something like '@person@customerdomain additional subject line text here'.

This utilizes a "trick" of opening new tickets by email on behalf of customers. Like when a tech receives an email from a customer about a problem and they want to forward that email message to the connector and have a new ticket opens under the customer account - so they forward it with adding the customer email address first on the subject line, prefixed with @.

To summarize - have that email sent from an Employee address and have the customer email address listed first as part of the subject line of that email prefixed with @.

Hope this helps.