RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 10th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Brian White

We have our main server with CommitCRM loaded on it and we have another server that is our email/web server. What I am wondering is if there is anyway to run the web interface from the email/webserver or does the web interface portion have to run from the machine runningCommitCRM.

Second is there anyway that once a ticket it created to move it to another account. Example might be the customer tick was entered their personal account and they want it to be under a business account. Is there a way to change the account the ticket is under without re-entering all data. Thanks!

March 10th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Support Team

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting these questions. I’ve copied them for easy reference, and attached relevant answers below. Please review.
  • We have our main server with RangerMSP loaded on it and we have another server that is our email/web server. What I am wondering is if there is anyway to run the web interface from the email/webserver or does the web interface portion have to run from the machine runningRangerMSP.
    Both the RangerMSP Web Interface and the RangerMSP Email Connector services must be installed on the same computer as RangerMSP is installed on, in order for the services to be able to access the Database. If you want the RangerMSP Web Interface to be accessible from your existing website; we suggest embedding the RangerMSP Web Interface login page in your own web page; so that your customers can log in from there, and be automatically redirected to the RangerMSP Web Interface. For more information see Web Interface Tips & Tricks.

• Second is there anyway that once a ticket it created to move it to another account. Example might be the customer tick was entered their personal account and they want it to be under a business account. Is there a way to change the account the ticket is under without re-entering all data. Thanks!
    Once a ticket has been created; the account associated with that ticket will not be able to be adjusted; instead, we suggest copying the ticket from the original account to the new account. Copying the ticket will also copy the ticket description and anything else typed within the ticket itself. All the history notes, charges, and docs [i]can[/b] have the account and referenced ticket changed; so you should point those to the new ticket and delete the old one. For more information regarding this process, please click here.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Neta