RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 23rd, 2010, 02:16 PM
Deb@CQ

I'm new to Commit, and am currently creating a few custom reports for our company based on our needs. However, I've run into a bit of a roadblock.

I've noticed that different reports have access to different database fields based on category. FE: In the report "Charges Report by Ticket", when placing a database text field, I have only access to those fields which fall under the category "Charges". In the report "Ticket Details", I only have access to those fields which fall under the categories "Assets" and "Tickets".

At first I thought I could just find one that used, say "Charges", "Tickets" and "History" but I haven't been able to find a system report that has all of the categories I'd like to include.

My question boils down to this- how can I add more categories to this database field list?

February 23rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
Support Team

Hi Deb,

Thanks for posting this.
The fields available in each type of report cannot be adjusted; they must be used as is.

The best way available to achieve your reporting needs is to generate 2 reports:
  • Technician Service form w/ charges - is available from the charges category; and you can use this report to report on tickets, charges and Calendar.
  • Expanded Ticket Details - is available from the Tickets Category, and it includes Ticket data, Calendar data and History data.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sherry

March 4th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Deb@CQ

Will this be something that will be addressed in future software upgrades?

March 4th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Support Team

Hi Deb,

Thanks for posting this.
We aren't working at the moment on any enhancements to the Report Designer for RangerMSP 5.3; i'm sorry, i cannot comment about future versions beyond RangerMSP 5.3.

However, we do have a feature request to have some aspects of the report designer updated; i'll add your vote to it, as well as your comments.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Neta