RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 8th, 2010, 04:30 PM
mcbsys

How can I set the timer window so that it does not stay on top of other windows? If I minimize it, I sometimes forget to turn it off. But if I don't minimize it, it blocks my work on other programs.

Mark Berry
MCB Systems

March 9th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Support Team

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting this.
The RangerMSP timer has been configured to always be on top to prevent an employee from forgetting to stop the timer when finishing the work that that technician is doing.

I've marked your feedback; however, we suggest that if the timer is distracting you; you can "move it off the screen", by dragging it to the side of the screen so it is barely visible.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bracha

March 9th, 2010, 09:03 AM
mcbsys

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I have done that sometimes, dragging it almost off the screen.

I have used another timer for years and find it more intuitive to have it run as a normal (not "on top") window. Usually when I finish a task, I am closing several windows that I had open for the task; then I see the timer and am reminded to stop the clock.

Really this should just be an option as I'm sure there are people who prefer it each way.

Regards,

Mark Berry
MCB Systems

March 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Support Team

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update.
This request has been added to the Product Management Teams review list.

Thanks for the feedback and the helpful comments; I've added your vote to have this developed.

Regards,
Bracha