RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 6th, 2009, 01:10 PM
emedina

Hi, I have set up my customers with monthly service contracts that have a begining and ending date. Now, I have one customer that currently has a contract ending on the 15th of this month and the next contract picks up on the 16th. Today I decide to open a ticket and create an appt. for that ticket for the 17th., during the next contract. The system automatically selected the contract from the prior month. If I change it to the month of which the work will be done in, the system flags me with a "Contract out of Date" error. I assume this would have to be because the open date of the ticket is still in the prior month. I change this date to the 17th and save then ticket. Go back in and change the contract to the next month and the system flags the error again. So the question is, how is this done properly. How do you create a ticket for a future date that is assigned the appropriate contract for that time period.

Thanks

November 6th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Support Team

Hi emedina,

Thanks for your question.

There is not problem using a future contract in your tickets. You can basically use any contract for your ticket, even if it's already expired or if it hasn't started yet. The system alerts you with a warning in case you are using a contract which is not valid (in terms of date ranges), just to make sure you are aware of this, but you can approve this and use the contract in the ticket without a problem.

I hope this helps.

Sheli