RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 3rd, 2015, 06:22 AM
gbowes

I just upgraded and the new version looks great!

The web interface has stopped working however. I see that it's now IIS based (nice!) Is there any documentation available to install it? This was my primary reason for upgrading so quickly.

Thanks!

July 3rd, 2015, 06:28 AM
Support Team

Thank you :-)

Please try to restart the RangerMSP Web Interface service - this will most likely resolve the issue.
Though - when using Microsoft IIS as the backend for RangerMSP Web interface the service is not required at all and should actually be uninstalled... but nonetheless first try to restart it and see if it's working.

IIS - sure, click to learn all about configuring Microsoft IIS as the back end Web Service for Web Interface.

Hope this helps!

July 3rd, 2015, 06:46 AM
gbowes

Fantastic, thank you! The new interface looks great!

Last question though (I hope :)) The switch to mobile view option is gone, how do you switch to the mobile view?

July 3rd, 2015, 07:02 AM
Support Team

Great! Thanks for your feedback :-)

Yes, it's gone. The system detects enters mobile mode automatically now.

July 3rd, 2015, 07:26 AM
gbowes

Hmmm, it isn't working on my Galaxy Note III. I'm only getting the desktop version.

Although I could be wrong. On the tickets window for example, in the mobile version on the tickets page, is scrolling across the table expected? Looking at it a bit more, it's certainly useable, I just wasn't expecting that I guess.

One heck of an improvement in any event! The timer is great in the mobile view now!

July 3rd, 2015, 07:41 AM
Support Team

That's it exactly.

March 12th, 2017, 08:55 AM
racassel

Is there a way to force the mobile view?
The wiki shows it should be an option, but doesn't explain how.
"It is possible to switch to mobile display also on any browser using the new switch to mobile / switch to standard option."

March 13th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Support Team

While in old versions there was an option to select mobile mode (and then use an different set of HTML templates, behind the scenes), the current Web Interface is fully Responsive and it switched to mobile mode automatically when the display viewport is small.

In case you want to use Web Interface in mobile mode with standard browser on your desktop, you can resize the browser window to smaller size. It isn't a fully mobile experience but you'll be able to see how it works.

Hope this helps.