RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 13th, 2015, 11:36 AM
northwestmsp

Commit users,

How are those of you who have already switched to v9 liking the new features, and has the new version been stable for you? Especially concerned about our custom fields and custom fields in the new web interface translating over.

We usually aren't early adopters for our business and like to let others play with the new version until an update comes out but Commit doesn't really seem to do updates between versions so you kinda get what you get- why feedback from others here is so important.

Please advise with comments and feedback, thank you!

July 13th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Support Team

RangerMSP 9 has been very stable and we have no open issues.

We spend a lot of time and work during the Beta and normally release plenty of mini releases during the Beta period. We only announce new versions when we've stopped receiving reports on errors from a large group of Beta users.

And, for what it worth, we also keep releasing sub-updates to the official versions. These usually include very small fixes and changes and people are not require to upgrade to them and therefore we do not publicly announce them as they only handle edge cases.

From what I can see you're using an older version of RangerMSP - version 7.

The upgrade program will take you directly from this older version and directly to version 9.

Hope this helps.

July 13th, 2015, 01:09 PM
northwestmsp

We actually have two companies running Commit, one running v7 and the other running v6.2. No problems migrating from either, correct?

July 13th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Support Team

Yes, this is correct. The upgrade program will also take you directly from 6.2 and to the newest version.

July 13th, 2015, 05:25 PM
lpopejoy

I've been using version 9 since early Alpha. No issues (that have not been fixed!)

July 14th, 2015, 06:23 AM
rfbalmer

Version 9 is VERY stable. We have been working with it since the early Alpha release. We do not have ANY open issues with this release. I would highly recommend moving up to the latest version. There has been a lot of hard work put into this release especially in the web interface.

I think you will like what you see!

July 15th, 2015, 08:48 AM
cvttech

The major piece I wanted out of this upgrade was a more usable web interface. Since updating I have purposely "lived" in the web interface and only used the desktop client when necessary (mostly for billing). I have not moved it to IIS yet. There is very little I cannot do now with the new web interface - Huge Thanks to Commit.

The only issues I am seeing at this time are:

1) The Commit Web Interface service has to be restarted every 24 hours or so. Actually, I have to kill the web interface from the task manager before the service can be restarted. Once I do that, the web runs fine.
2) If I am in a charge and change the contract the page appears to refresh but when I complete the entries and press OK, the button is not functional. Simply refreshing the page reactivates the button. There is a 50/50 chance the fields will stay populated though.

Beyond that everything else seems to be pretty stable.

July 15th, 2015, 12:32 PM
TerrapinIT

We've been on v9 since a late beta and it's quite stable. No problems at all.

July 15th, 2015, 01:50 PM
MachTen

We have been using it for a few days. it seems stable. I see some issues though with one new feature. The BOLDing of tabs does not work when you have a custom tab created and data in it - the other tabs do BOLD like they are supposed to.

Is the new feature set worth it if you are paying for an upgrade? We don't think so. But we don't use the web interface. We upgraded from 8.0 and just cancelled our upgrade subscription because we didn't feel like we got much out of it over the past several years of upgrades.

We were sure hoping that mileage would be included along with several other VERY requested features. Unfortunately we are now looking at other products to see if they will satisfy our requirements, not sure if we will be moving over to something else unless it meets all of our requirements. Don't get me wrong I like the software but there are a few annoying things about it that could have been easily fixed (added in the case of tracking mileage) and they simply have been ignored by the developers.

July 16th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Support Team

Thanks everyone for your great feedback!

@cvttech - the issues you mentioned should not happen. Please contact us by email with attaching your log files for analysis.

July 20th, 2015, 08:55 AM
nattivillin

The web interface looks great. We cant use it externally yet, but it looks fabulous.

Great job!