RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
TriadNetSys2013

its my understanding that report scheduler was added in this last version. Is that so?
I apologize if I missed understood something.

September 15th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Support Team

The Report Scheduler module was introduced at the same time version 8 was announced. It may require its own own activation.

Hope this helps.

September 15th, 2014, 11:20 AM
raymond

Does this new report scheduler allow us to set all the fields AND filters ahead of time (currently we can't save reports with filters applied)?

//ray

September 15th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Support Team

It does save the filtering criteria, however, it is different the criteria options displayed when you interactively print reports. You can already see everything it supports by scheduling a report, while it won't email you the report until you activate it, you can still see everything it does and does not support.

Hope this helps.

September 15th, 2014, 12:42 PM
rfbalmer

That sounds like a vote to have that added as a new feature. We would like to request that as well.

September 15th, 2014, 02:03 PM
raymond

Running through the setup doesn't tell us much (it lets us select a few variables but not everything in the "Generate Report" window). Given that we can't generate the reports until we purchase the module means we will never buy the add-on because we can't test it to see if it will do what we want it to do.

That said, it appears that the Report Scheduler does not save the filtering and sorting beyond the few variable fields that it inquires upon setting up the report. Pretty much every report we run, we have filters and sort criteria that needs to be manually set. For example, when running our "Employee Hours by Type" report, we have to (every time):
1. Go to Reports >> Charges > Custom Reports and select “Employee Hours by Type”.
2. Set filtering for Employee (exclude non-employee accounts), Date range (month start/end), Item Group (Labor) then sort by Charged Item.

Reports need to be able to fully save the filtering AND sorting before scheduling can work...

//ray

September 19th, 2014, 04:10 AM
DynamicIT

I have just subscribed to this thread as I am interested in the module. We have had issues with Accounts staff incorrectly generating reports and a some embarrassing billing chaos has resulted.

Ray thanks for your comments. We will have a closer look later in the year when I get some breathing space.