RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 10th, 2010, 08:46 AM
hugicr

Hello,

Your Documents Tab seems so useful if I could get it to access the subfolders of my individual Client folder. Is there some way to access the folder directory for each of my individual Client folders?

Let me explain. For each of our clients we have a folder on the server "Client A" within that folder we have several subfolders to categorize all the different documents relavant to that client/account, "Contracts", "Tech Info", "Leasing Info", etc. I am able to map the path to the client folder and can access all the documents that have been placed in the root of my "Client A" folder but how can I get access to all the documents inside the subfolders within my "Client A" Folder. I cannot possibly put all my docs in the root of my client folder...too many. I have to categorize into subfolders. Is this possible?

May 10th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this; that's an excellent question.
I believe that this can be answered by creating Shortcut files (LNK files), that open each subfolder under Customer A. Once you have all of the shortcut files, you can import those into the RangerMSP docs tab for Customer A and open those folders from within RangerMSP Docs tab; however, this will not work over the Web Interface.

So, you'll need to import the separate files that you want available over the RangerMSP Web Interface, and keep the shortcuts to each sub-folder in the docs tab too.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Sherry

May 10th, 2010, 10:25 AM
hugicr

Thanks, that does help except the Web interface is where we will need it most available for our technicians to access while in the field. There is no other work around to make the subfolders visible over the Web interface?

May 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for the update; you're trying to make this hard on me. ;-)

In order to make the folders accessible over the RangerMSP Web Interface, you'll need to set up FTP on your documents folder, and set the shortcut files that you'll import into the Docs tab to the FTP location path.

Once your employees click one of the shortcut entries in the RangerMSP Web Interface, another window will open with the specified FTP folder.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sherry

May 10th, 2010, 10:39 AM
hugicr

Sorry about that, but great answer. I will try this and see what happens.

Thank you for your help and quick responses!

Nicole

May 12th, 2010, 09:42 AM
lpopejoy

Just be really careful about the FTP... I wouldn't trust it enough to hang out all my client documentation on FTP. Maybe with sFTP with a really secure password....

--Luke