RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM
bcowell

I am new to CommitCRM and just doing some testing and can't work out how to delete tickets. I have had a look through the wiki but couldn't find anything, is this by design or have I missed something?

Also I am getting this message when trying to download a public document through the web interface as a customer "Document file cannot be downloaded at this stage" I have followed the setup instructions and I can see the actual file names just can't download them.

I apologize for my stupidity if it is something simple.

cheers

May 18th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting these questions. I’ve copied them for easy reference, and attached relevant answers below. Please review.
  • I am new to RangerMSP and just doing some testing and can't work out how to delete tickets. I have had a look through the wiki but couldn't find anything, is this by design or have I missed something?
    Tickets can be deleted by selecting the ticket and going to Ticket menu > Delete Ticket; however, this can only be done on a ticket by ticket basis.

• Also I am getting this message when trying to download a public document through the web interface as a customer "Document file cannot be downloaded at this stage" I have followed the setup instructions and I can see the actual file names just can't download them.
    This is usually caused by not setting up the filing folders correctly. Please go to Tools > Options > Web Interface tab > Set Folder Mapping and make sure that the network path and the local path both point to the folder where your documents are stored. If this issue persists, please send us the log files from your RangerMSP system. The log files can be found in Help > Technical Support. Once we have the logs, we’ll analyze them to ascertain the cause for this behavior.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Rinat

May 20th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for sending us the logs.
According to the logs, the RangerMSP Web Interface service is failing to download the file you've requested from it due to a permissions/access issue, when you try to download the file from S:\RangerMSP\Documents\Johnston Associates Pty Ltd\C2.pdf. Can you please log into the RangerMSP server, and attempt to access that path? This could be caused by not mapping the S: drive.

Errors like these are typically caused by these issues; please run through these possible scenarios:
  • The file is stored in a folder or a folder hierarchy that doesn't allow file downloads.This can be changed in RangerMSP client in Tools > Options… > Web Interface Window.

• The RangerMSPWebInterface service that runs on your server cannot access the following folder: S:\RangerMSP\Documents\Johnston Associates Pty Ltd\ (should be a local server folder).

• The mapping between the file's folder network path and the parallel local folder server path is invalid.This can be fixed from the RangerMSP client under Tools > Options… > Web Interface Window.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Rinat