RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 12th, 2010, 08:02 PM
rsarceno

I just started the 30 days trail. I put items in the wrong field and so on. Is there a way I can wipe the data base and start all over. It's confusing the way the data is entered right now.

I'm not planning to use all the option at start. Is it possile to have two set of database. One for live and ther other for testing. It looks like there are some entry that can not be deleted.

Is the login for Customer Web Interface secured. Do I need to get an SSL certificate?

May 13th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
Since you've just started your RangerMSP trial, and decided that you haven't done the setup properly, we suggest uninstalling and re-installing the system in order to get a clean database (the trial period will be automatically reset). Please note that we generally suggest to all our customers to backup the database using the RangerMSP Backup Utility prior to making major updates to the RangerMSP database. This way, if you decide you need to roll back a change, you can do it without needing to start over.

Regarding your need for a test system; you can install another copy of RangerMSP on a different computer, or even on the same computer; however, you should make sure that all the client shortcuts point to the executable (\RangerMSP\Client\RangerMSP.exe) in the live RangerMSP folder, and not the test folder so that your employees will not end up in the test system when they should be in the live system.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Rinat