RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 7th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Anders

Hi.
Is this possible to do?
In the print dropdown list in the charges windows, i can't find the custom report I made under charges.
I can't edit the reports that are allready there to include charges.
I can rightclick the charge in the ticket windows, but if there are more than one charge to a ticket, I can't print all of them in one report.
The only way I have found to get all charges on one report is to go to Reports in the menu, find my custom report, and run that with the ticket I want selected. Not a very effective way of working.

Can anyone help?

May 7th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Support Team

Hi Anders,

Thanks for posting this.
In order for your custom charge report to show up in the Tickets dropdown list, you'll need to leave the word Form in the report name. We generally suggest simply adding your custom title to the end of the report name without altering the Technician Service Form words; however, I'm fairly certain that the only manditory word that is needed in order to be displayed in the ticket's screen toolbar is Form.

You should Copy the customized form, and adjust the name accordingly. Once that's done, and you see it in the ticket's screen, you can go ahead and delete the first copy you made.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Reno

May 7th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Anders

Yes. That did the trick. My custom report shows up in the dropdownlist.
It does not however contain any data at all.
If I run the same report from the report window, i get the correct data, but from the dropdownlist, it's blank.

Anders

May 7th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Support Team

Hi Anders,

Thanks for the update.
This type of issue can only be caused if there is a field in the report layout that was never intended to be in this type of report.
Can you please generate a sample PDF of the report and email it to us at Support @ ?

We'll also need to know which system report this one was originally copied from.

Thanks.

Regards,
Reno

May 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Anders

The email is sendt.

Anders

May 7th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Support Team

Hi Anders,

Thanks for sending in the information.
The reason that the report is coming up empty in the Tickets screen, is that the report you copied from (Charges Details Reports) is not an actual tickets report. Since the report only takes information from the charges table, it doesn't have what's needed to be filtered by a specific ticket in the ticket's screen.

In order to resolve this, we suggest customizing the Technician Service Form1 with Charges which already resembles what you've sent us, and can also be used from the ticket's screen. You can remove any unnecessary fields with the reports designer.

The report you've created will only be able to be created from the charges screen or the reports screen. If you would like to print from the charges screen, you'll need to set your custom report as the default charges report in Tools > Options > Charges and Contracts tab > Default Charge Report.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Reno

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Reno

May 7th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Anders

Thank you for clearing that up.
I will customize the tech service form with charges instead.

Anders