RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

January 6th, 2023, 04:16 PM
gbowes

We are considering a move from Syncro to N-Able to take advantage of the RangerMSP integration. I got frustrated with Syncro's PSA and had been using RangerMSP (CommitCRM) for nearly 20 years prior. We moved back to RangerMSP for PSA but it's clunky having two separate systems.

It looks as though the integration relies on the Email Connector and I'm concerned with how RangerMSP deals with tickets in N-Able.

Is there any real-world experience you guys could share about the N-Able/RangerMSP integration?

Much appreciated!

January 9th, 2023, 06:57 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

We assume that you refer to N-Able RMM that is now also called N-sight RMM - formerly GFI MAX RMM.

You can read about the integration here and configuration instructions are found here. In short, it's an API based integration.

If you refer to the 'other' N-Able RMM product, then the Email Connector may be an option to experiment with.

Hope this helps!

August 31st, 2023, 04:59 PM
linkupco

We use N-Able and have the N-Able RMM link for Ranger, however we turned it off and stopped using it because it was causing ticket/notification overload. We haven't used it in years but I imagine it hasn't changed much. One of the problems we had with it was that we weren't able to customize what notifications it creates a ticket for. Perhaps that has changed since then, I'm really not sure, but it was creating so many unnecessary tickets that we decided it wasn't worth it to keep it linked. I hope this helps.

September 1st, 2023, 10:03 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this. Actually things have changed, I assume you refer to N-ables "GFI MAX"/"MAX FOCUS" (old names) RMM product, and for this there are Skip Rules, these are conditions that when met won't create a new service ticket.

Hope this helps!