RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Running an IT Services Business
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

May 21st, 2018, 09:01 AM
joshuatfaw

Hey Commit team! I've utilized CommitCRM for roughly 3+ years now and feel I am not utilizing the software to its fullest ability. Our company has grown from 3 employees to 10+ in that time and my CRM needs have grown as well.

I was curious if there is anyone available or willing to setup a remote session or phone call to help with implementing the various features below:

Quickbooks Integration
-Ability to generate a proposal that when marked as won, automatically generates a contract (and e-mails to customer if possible) and then generates an invoice based off the proposal once services installed.

Trouble Tickets
-Utilize trouble ticket notifications to customers for alerts when ticket is created, technician dispatched, ticket closed.
-Any way to automatically generate a trouble ticket based off of a customers e-mail request?

Customer Web Portal
-Utilize customer web portal so customers can view basic information such as their current services, network information, etc. (can billing information be included in this?)

New Service Orders
-Any way to automatically generate a site survey ticket or proposal based off of a customers e-mail request for new service?

I have read through the Work Flows materials and feel a lot of this would not have been as intimidating had I set everything up out the gate. However, after 3-4 years of data and account history, it is a little overwhelming trying to determine the best way to implement these needs after the fact.

Thanks again for any assistance and I look forward to hearing back!

May 21st, 2018, 01:33 PM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Regarding the QuickBooks integration and converting Quotes to invoices/Contracts please refers to our reply on your other post. .

Please find our recommendation for your other questions:

1. Alerts to Customers section of Alerts Server lets you automatically trigger and send email alerts to customers when the ticket was created for them or completed/closed. In addition the email alert can be sent when ticket status changes to the specific status/es.

2. Email-to-Ticket feature of the Email Connector converts incoming emails from customers to the tickets in RangerMSP. It also manages the entire Ticket Email Threading.

In order to user Alerts Server and Email Connector you should install the 'RangerMSP Server' service and configure email settings.

3. Customer Web Portal - using the Customer Web Portal the customers can create tickets, view their Assets, review logged Charges and see Contract status - based on the privileges.
-
New Service Orders - I'm not 100% following you on this one, however you can fully customize the auto-response and email alerts sent to customers and includes links to surveys and relevant documents/price-lists for them to access and download.

Important notes:
1. We recommend to start using the Email Connector (Email-to-Ticket feature) with an empty mailbox - in order to avoid creating tickets from old emails.
2. You can test all features by installing the trial version on the separate machine. The trial version can be downloaded here.

Hope this helps!