RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > Running an IT Services Business
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

March 9th, 2023, 06:18 AM
diaz79

Hi Support,

I have a new employee who is not receiving any emails from RangerMSP. Settings are set up the same way as my other employees. I don't see any emails in the mail flow from RangerMSP to him.

It's look like the RangerMSP system never sends anything to him, but only to him.

I've looked through all the settings and can't find what the problem is.

Please help.

March 9th, 2023, 07:27 AM
Support Team

Thank you for sending this in and asking.

A few things to verify -

1. That an email address is stored under that Employee record, and - that it has no typos.

2. That the email address set for the Employee is unique, and it is not a group-email, e,g. support@

3. When logging into the app with the Employee user credentials, visit Tools > Options > Alerts tab and verify they opted in to receive email alerts.

4. The exact same, but this time under the Tools > Options > Tickets-2 tab.

Hope this helps!

March 9th, 2023, 11:47 AM
diaz79

Thanks on replay.

Everything seems as is should be on all 4 points.

His mail is unique, it's not shared or group mail/mailbox, field is filled with his email address, under 'employee" informations and typed/spelled correctly, options under 'Alerts' tabs are ON and under tab 'Tickets 2' option nr. 4, from the top, is ON.

March 9th, 2023, 01:49 PM
Support Team

Thank you for the update.

Do other users get the notifications?
Also, please describe how you run a test to check whether or not they should receive it. Remember that users do not receive alert notifications for actions they performed themselves, something that is confusing when testing.

Please let us know and we'll continue from there.

March 9th, 2023, 10:23 PM
diaz79

Yes, all my others employees receive mail notifications when assign new ticket and changes preformed to theirs tickets from customers or other colleagues and me.

Test is preformed as I would assign new ticket from the customer, to him, and no mail notification will be send to him.
When I change to another employee, they received mail all most immediately.
And I can see mail in systems send folder in the mailbox and in the mail flow logs.

Same is with appointments to, and YES notification about appointments are set to ON in Alert settings for him

I have 37 users in RangerMSP and all of there’s employees profiles are adjusted the same.

March 10th, 2023, 10:25 AM
Support Team

Thanks for the additional information. It definitely sounds like everything is configured well with this user...

Moving forward, please email the following to our support@ address:

1. A screenshot of this Employee account details, we want to see their email address set and saved, we want to see their 'Employee' tab settings.

2. Your log files. Please zip the content of the \Logs folder. In case it is too big for email, you can share it with us over Drive/DropBox/etc.,

Once received, we'll review the details, analyze the log files, and hopefully be able to assist solving this mystery.

Hope this helps!

March 13th, 2023, 08:43 AM
diaz79

Thanks for reply. I have sent an email with screendumps and a log file to your support email.

March 13th, 2023, 11:12 AM
Support Team

Thanks. We've seen it and replied to your email.