RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 16th, 2016, 03:06 AM
TerrapinIT

I am a new owner of the premise version of SI Portal, and I sure can't get the integration to work with CommitCRM to bring over our current Accounts. Any tricks anyone can pass along?

Luke, I know you use SI Portal - did you get the CommitCRM integration working?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA - Tim Gillen

May 16th, 2016, 04:42 AM
lpopejoy

Tim,

Yes, I love SIPortal.

The integration is basically a way to create the accounts one at a time. Did you see this KB? http://kb.siportal.com/portal3/kb/#a...624BA8F6D0157D

You will have to setup your encryption key inside SIPortal and then add it to the url.

Are you receiving some error?

May 16th, 2016, 10:53 AM
TerrapinIT

Hi Luke, thanks so much for the response.

If I use https://yourportal.company.com/API/? for the Base URL I get a 'Not Authenticated', on a browser where I am logged in to my SI Portal.

I have tried https://yourportal.company.com/API/? with my port number and without (my port forwarding uses a port number to hit our internal SI Portal IIS site.)

Have also tried the /portal3/ajax-config/Default.asp?rID=Integration&RDM=124341/API/? that it shows in Settings > Integrations with myportal.mycompany and myportal.mycompany.com:port/. With port it shows a non-graphics version of the Integrations KB page and without shows nothing at all.

Sort of stuck here, and need this to really get this going.

thanks - Tim

May 16th, 2016, 11:13 AM
TerrapinIT

Luke - also - yes, I have my encryption key in there. Thanks - TG

May 16th, 2016, 11:41 AM
TerrapinIT

One more message on this - I may have an internal DNS issue here. I'll report back. Thanks again -

May 16th, 2016, 01:00 PM
TerrapinIT

Cleaned it all up and still get 'Not Authenticated'. Stumped.

Luke, is your base URL this:
https://yourportal.company.com/API/?

or a longer one?

May 16th, 2016, 04:15 PM
TerrapinIT

Hi Luke,

Alex helped me and we're good. Question: should the import also get secondary contacts? Does it do that on your setup?

thanks - tg

May 16th, 2016, 04:25 PM
lpopejoy

@tg,

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get email alerts on your responses. Sounds like you got it working. No, no, secondary contacts.

May 16th, 2016, 04:26 PM
TerrapinIT

Thanks Luke.

Hey do you use MaxFocus/GFI? Thinking of importing devices from there.

May 16th, 2016, 04:30 PM
lpopejoy

No, only Labtech. I assume you are using the CommitCRM RMM integration? That pulls the devices in as assets (I'm pretty sure at least).

May 16th, 2016, 04:32 PM
TerrapinIT

Am using CommitCRM RMM, have all the devices in Assets in Commit. Looks like the SI Portal Commit integration only works for Accounts and primary contacts. If it pulled in Assets too that would be awesome.

May 16th, 2016, 04:34 PM
lpopejoy

Ah, yeah. You want to pull the Asset data back into SIPortal? Tell Alex. :)

May 16th, 2016, 04:35 PM
lpopejoy

FWIW, we don't really track workstation level info in SIPortal. Just Server, network equipment, configurations, credentials, etc.

May 16th, 2016, 04:38 PM
TerrapinIT

Good to know, and makes sense. If you're willing to share any of your config sheets and such let me know. I know you've been with SI Portal for quite a while and I am sure have built up a good library.

Either way - Thanks for the help and input! - Tim

May 16th, 2016, 06:00 PM
lpopejoy

I'll be glad to show you what we have. Could be better I'm sure. There's a new version coming soon that has a couple features I've been begging for, so I'm procrastinating on some improvements to our setup until that is released.

May 16th, 2016, 06:01 PM
lpopejoy

You can hit me offline. Luke@incomservice.net