RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 15th, 2016, 08:21 PM
nattivillin

We are trying to get more usage out of the quoting feature. We have run into a few issues that I am sure can be resolved.

We created a custom quote form. It looks nice and we have a good starting point. We want a few different quote forms, for the different departments. We copied our base (custom) form, edited it, and saved it. How do we use it?

Once we add all the line items and such to a quote, under preview I only see the our (custom) one and quote forms 1-4. Why don't the others show up?

The same goes when we try to email it. We have designed a custom html email to say what we want but we try to email, the same thing always appears. The drop down only lists the same (custom) and quotes 1-4, but when you hit the email button you get our original html formatted email.

How do we choose from our different quote templates to show the quote, and how do we choose our different html templates to send the quote?

February 16th, 2016, 06:07 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

It seems like this may be resolved pretty easily - It seems that the custom quote format was not marked as available for the Quotes window.

You should select the custom Quote report in Reports window.
Then - click on Reports menu and select 'Make this report available from Quotes window'.

Reopen the Quotes window to refresh the list. Done!

The same list of reports should be displayed both under Preview as well as the Email drop down lists.

To remove the formats you don't want to include - use the same method listed above, but select the option not to show it.

In addition under Tools > Options > Quotes tab it is possible to select a default Quote form, select the one you use most there.

Hope this helps.

February 16th, 2016, 06:23 AM
nattivillin

I didn't make them in reports. I used the "manage templates" from inside the quote tool.

When i go reports > quotes > custom I only see the original one we designed. How do i get the others we created to show up here so we can use them?

February 16th, 2016, 07:31 AM
Support Team

It seems that you refer to Email Template that is used when attaching the Quote as PDF to the email.

Clicking the Email button on the toolbar uses default Email Template (you can set another template to be default under Settings > Email Templates).

When using Print to PDF button, you will be provided with an additional window where you can select to email the file and also select another Email Template to be used:

February 16th, 2016, 08:01 AM
nattivillin

Thank you for your help so far, but I am still not achieving what I need.

When I go to email templates, and filter by data source>quotes, i see all the html templates i created.

When I am in a quote and want to email it to the customer, i hit the drop down by email quote, and I only see the my 1 of my custom quotes, and the multitude of system quotes. But these are the actual PDF's that get attached to the email and doesn't seem to have anything to do with the HTML formatted email body that opens in outlook.

I want to send the PDF quote I choose, and have the html formatted email I choose.

It seems like there are many places to do what seems like the same thing, but isn't the same thing because they don't show as options consistently.

February 16th, 2016, 08:11 AM
nattivillin

Ok, i had to slow down and reread your instructions. Seems counter intuitive that the drop down doesn't list all the options under each category.

March 25th, 2016, 10:59 AM
nattivillin

If you are in the quote tab under the opportunity, the print to PDF button doesn't exist. Is there a way for me to add it so we can get more work done from less screens?

March 25th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Support Team

A direct print is available there though I see that in order to print to PDF you'll need to double click the quote first. I'll take a note of this. There is not way around it at the moment and doule clicking it first is the way to go. Thanks!

March 25th, 2016, 12:24 PM
nattivillin

I tried that. From the quote tab, you can (double click) to open the quote. I still don't see a print to PDF option. There is a pdf icon, but it only shows quote templates.

Could I be using an old version of CommitCRM? We just upgraded.

March 25th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Support Team

You mentioned that when you double click it does show quote templates - isn't that what you're after?

March 25th, 2016, 02:02 PM
nattivillin

It shows quote templates, but I need to choose the correct email template to email the customer.

March 28th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Support Team

We're not following you on what the exact case is. You indeed need to select the template. Please let us know exactly what it is that you're after. Thanks!