RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 19th, 2014, 03:04 PM
natrat

hi guys,

I have implemented a pre-paid block of time product so i can offer per-minute billing to customers who pre-purchase. I'm trying to understand the workflow in Commit to do this. Once again every time I look at contracts in Commit I get confused!

I've created a contract for a client called "Acme-PPR120" which is 120 minutes set as a block of time for company Acme, thats fine.

What i am unclear about is how people best reflect the reduction of time on the tickets. It appears that I need to create charges normally on contract tickets and the time listed in start/end time is deducted from the contract time. Thats works fine.

However, I am pre-billing my client for the support block, so if i add in charges, even though they remain "Not Billable" as they are part of a contract, I end up with a bunch of Not Billable charges that just confuse me when I look at outstanding charges, as to my mind they aren't really charges as I've already charged the client for the contract itself.

How do other people enter charges under this type of contract and make sense of the charges? Should i create a new kind of dummy charge just for these types of contract tickets? I have looked at that but as the charge amount will be zero, every time I go to close a ticket it tells me there are no charge amounts on the ticket, which is a bit annoying for these kind of contract tickets which are already paid for.

help! :)

March 20th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

The Billable and Not-Billable Charges are shown for you to easily verify that a Contract is actually profitable and also for the customer to see what was done. Only the amount of hours is deducted from the Contract block, the start/end times is more for your own internal purpose.

You can also use Contract-Price Charges to represent the Contract Block and these are Billable by default.

Also it is recommended to track all work done on Tickets as Charges, otherwise you will get warnings about there being no charges on a Ticket when you close it.

HTH

March 20th, 2014, 04:50 PM
natrat

Thanks, I've made a new labour item to represent contract non-billable time that i use on the contract tickets now. This also means I can easily see how much actual labour is done on contracts only, and compare that to what i charged for the contracts.