No announcement yet.

Setting up QB link gives error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Setting up QB link gives error

Ruuning the setup wizard, I get to the screen where it tells me to open Quickbooks company file in single user mode. I do that, come back and click <next> and get this message:

Quickbooks can't start because it is already running. Only Quickbooks accountant and Quickboos Enterprise can open more than one company file.

I am running QB Pro 2011 Single user on the same PC I have the CommitCRM Client. The company files is stored on my server, and I have been careful to use the exact same UNC path to the file in CommitCRM and when I open it in Quickbooks.

This is a brand new download/install. My first step was going to be to import my accounts from QB to CommitCRM. Right now, I can't go any further...

Re: Setting up QB link gives error

Thank you for posting this. Your edition of QuickBooks is supported and it does sound like you are following the steps correctly.

Please try this -

Close QuickBooks BEFORE selecting the company file with the Wizard in RangerMSP.
    Then -
    Once the file is selected and you proceed to the next step - only then - open QuickBooks in Single User mode, log in as an QB Administrator and open the same company file using the same path.
    Then -
    Proceed with the wizard and see if the above helps.

Comment

I have already tried that - same issue...

Comment

I just found a patch for this problem on Intuit / QuickBooks Web site. Please check the following link:
        http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com...icles/SLN41846

Hope this helps.

Comment

Did not help. I tried everything in that article to no avail...

Comment

Thank you for the update. This is definitely a QuickBooks issue... but maybe the following will help - when you run QuickBooks right click it and select the 'Run as Administrator' option, also - do them same for when running RangerMSP client (all this just for the initial setup attempt).

Please let us know if this helps.

Comment

OK, that got me past that issue. I agreed to let the link access the QB file anytime and then I got this message pop up:

An error occurred in Quickbooks.

Message received from Quickbooks:
              Status Code 3180
              Message: there was an error when saving a account list, element "CMT COGS Account" Quickbooks error message: An account number must be specified

But after I clicked OK, it said it was finished and I was then able to import QB Accounts, vendors and items.

So I guess I am ok?

Comment

Great! Good to hear that it is working now!

A "CMT COGS Account" is created in QuickBooks by RangerMSP and used as default QuickBooks account for new items (that can be created later in QuickBooks as a result of synchronizing between the systems).
                Try to check if CMT COGS Account was successfully created in QuickBooks.

You can change the default accounts from Tools -> Options, open the QuickBooks tab, click on Advanced Settings > Default QuickBooks Accounts.

Importing records from QuickBooks to RangerMSP​ is the first step, however, because you have received a warning message I would perform additional tests. Try to create new Item and new Customer based on RangerMSP Item/Account using QuickBooks button on the toolbar as explained here and here.

Also this article from QuickBooks support may help.

Comment

Working...
                X