RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

September 14th, 2020, 01:01 PM
nattivillin

We can easily prevent new Ranger tickets for "alerts" and "notifications" that are emailed to the connector.

How do we prevent new Ranger tickets for "alerts" and "notifications" that are generated by Continuum API?

When we merge tickets in Ranger, it messes up stuff in Continuum. Then we have to go and "force close" the corresponding Continuum ticket. When we do that, Continumm creates 2 MORE tickets saying we force closed a ticket and we closed a ticket.

We spend hours a week closing tickets that should have never been created.

September 15th, 2020, 06:08 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

In case I understand your question correctly, you want some Continuum tickets to be skipped and not converted into RangerMSP tickets.

Currently such an option is not supported and all tickets created in Continuum are downloaded to RangerMSP.

Regarding merging Tickets that were created from Continuum - once the Ticket is merged, it is deleted from RangerMSP, however it does NOT affect an existing ticket in Continuum. The ticket may be downloaded again to RangerMSP.
In such cases, we recommend closing the Ticket in RangerMSP (as a result it will be closed in Continuum) prior to merging or deleting it.

Hope this helps.

September 16th, 2020, 02:15 PM
nattivillin

The integration produces so much noise. For example, a client had a bad UPS and a server went offline for 10 minutes. That created 15+ ranger tickets. Server offline, battery offline, raid discharged, server online, service not running, service not started, read retry error on storage, etc, etc.

This is madness. The continuum integration is broken IMO. We must manage tickets in two places since Ranger can't update anything in Continuum.

If we close tickets, the client gets notified we closed 15 tickets. Then its manually removing the ticket recipient, then closing, then finding the correct ticket.

I think we are outgrowing this. It is supposed to make my life easier, but it is not.

September 17th, 2020, 06:04 AM
Support Team

Your feedback is noted.
As mentioned, any ticket created in Continuum is downloaded to RangerMSP.

Please note that you CAN close Ticket in RangerMSP and it will be closed in Continuum. In addition, the integration supports reassigning tickets and adding notes.

As for the notifications sent to the client - please verify that such alerts are disabled under the Tools > Options > Alerts to Customer tab > click on the RMM Settings

September 17th, 2020, 03:24 PM
nattivillin

Thanks for the info. You are correct that clients are not notified about closing RMM created tickets.

Not sure is reassignment is an issue here, we already do that for NOC stuff which rare.

We don't allow techs to close tickets with no charges so the tickets that require admin closing pile up a few hundred a week. Very time consuming.

We spend more labor dollars per year on employees closing tickets in continuum/Ranger than we spend for Ranger.

1 hour closing tickets each day X 5 days a week X 52 weeks a year @ $20 per hour = $5200 per year...

September 18th, 2020, 05:59 AM
Support Team

You may consider using the Batch Complete Tickets tool to close multiple Tickets at once (up to 100 at a time) that should save you time.

You can filter the Tickets list to list only tickets that should be completed.

September 18th, 2020, 08:34 AM
nattivillin

Good idea. Can you point me to the wiki article for that feature so i can have the team learn how to use it properly? I searched the wiki for Batch Complete Tickets and found things about activity templates and such...

September 18th, 2020, 12:00 PM
Support Team

There's nothing much more about this feature. Simply use it and it'll complete a batch of tickets in the list instead of you 'Complete' each manually. Only make sure the list is filtered to the ones you want to complete. Hope this helps!