RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

August 13th, 2020, 08:58 AM
nattivillin

The billing team goes into ranger and marks "done" on 350 appointments from 2015.

Today my email fills up with 30-60 of these, along with 5 other techs. Wish I could easily add a picture here.

How do I stop the completed appointment email notification?

August 13th, 2020, 09:30 AM
Support Team

The notifications are most likely sent for you being the Account Manager of the Account linked to such appointments, or being the Ticket Manager of the Ticket linked to such appointments - AND - under your personal Tools > Options > Alerts tab, you are probably opted in to receive notifications as being the Account or Ticket Manager. Temporary disable these two, and you will like not receive such a notification. Give it a try (and remember to opt back in to receive such notifications once this Done session is... done!

August 13th, 2020, 12:10 PM
nattivillin

Alerts > Calendar appointments and tasks are off.

I don't see an alert option for "Appointment Completed" I do not wish to stop any other alerts at this time.

How do i disable the Appointment Completed alerts only? I need my entire staff to do this.

August 13th, 2020, 12:24 PM
Support Team

Please review the answer above again. It discusses being a Ticket or Account Manager, and having alerts turned on for this. Hope this helps!

August 13th, 2020, 12:32 PM
nattivillin

I guess your answer means we cannot disable the appointment completed alerts without disabling other alerts?

Even being a ticket manager, I do not want the appointment completed alerts for the entire ticket.

Nobody is the account manager for anything because it creates too many alerts!

August 13th, 2020, 12:37 PM
Support Team

If you're in the process of Done-ing old appointments, as initially described, then you can disable it for a while and then turn it on again, as suggested. It would be useful.
Besides, as for your other feedback, the subject line of all email alerts to users intentionally follows a highly structured model, this makes writing email client rules (Outlook, Gmail, etc.) very easy so you can automatically eliminate these specific email alerts you don't want to see in your inbox... just a thought! Hope this helps

August 14th, 2020, 07:05 AM
nattivillin

This isnt something we can predict when they clear old appointments.

Can you show me which radio buttons disables the "appointment completed alerts".

Not sure which one they need to toggle on and off.

August 14th, 2020, 07:10 AM
Support Team

You get such notifications for Done appointments for being the Ticket Manager of the Ticket linked to such appointments (or being the Account Manager of the Account linked to such appointments).
Temporary turning off Ticket Manager and Account Manager alerts, under Tools > Options > Alerts tab, will prevent such from emailed to you. Once the Done process is complete, restore and enable such personal alerting settings.