RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

October 1st, 2020, 07:50 AM
tdr.css

How would you suggest prioritizing tickets in RangerMSP?

I often have a list of tickets I need to work on in a certain order every day. It doesn't look like there is a way to prioritize tickets of, for example High Priority, over each other.

A drag-and-drop solution would be ideal, essentially allowing me to prioritize tickets in the order I prefer. Is there a feature like this that already exists or would it have to be something new?

October 1st, 2020, 08:55 AM
mcabras

Hi, I'm not sure I understand the question. There is a Priority filed in the general tab of each ticket, and you can order the tickets view by priority. Also if you set high or more, it'll highlight the priority cell with a color.

October 1st, 2020, 09:10 AM
Support Team

Thank you for posting this.

Yes, indeed, there's a dedicated Priority field for each Ticket that can be used to prioritize Tickets. It works as @mcabras described. Then you can sort Tickets list by this Priority field.

Hope this helps.

October 1st, 2020, 10:11 AM
tdr.css

I was actually hoping for some kind of way to prioritize the individual prioritized tickets. Let's say I have 10 tickets that are all high priority. I'd like to be able to order them in the order I plan on working on them. For that I'd likely need another field to sort on. I'm sure I could use a user-defined-field and number them 1,2,3, etc. Was hoping there'd be some way to drag and drop them into an order instead of manually prioritizing the ticket.

October 1st, 2020, 10:33 AM
Support Team

Thanks for the additional input. You may want to consider using the Labels feature to further mark/classify Tickets.

Hope this helps.

October 6th, 2020, 04:34 PM
nattivillin

We use labels for priority of priority :)