RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

April 5th, 2016, 10:51 AM
point007

How do you guys handle a ticket that involves multiple assets?
Ideally I'd like to be able to attach/flag all of the assets involved somewhere other than just saying something about it in the notes.

April 5th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Support Team

hank you for asking, I'm basically repeating the reply we've just sent to you over email. Out of the box each Ticket can be linked to a single Asset. However, what you may do, though it does not end-up being the same, is to use the Custom Fields feature in RangerMSP, add an "Object select" component type of field that lets you select an Asset (or Ticket or Opportunity, etc.) and use it/them to select the related Asset. This will allow you to jump right from the Ticket to the link Assets by right clicking the fields and filter Tickets by Asset linked in this field, but the ticket won't show up in the Asset history. You can also add a History Note under the Asset and put Ticket number in the Description.

Click to learn more about field customizations.
We recommend taking a backup before customizing the database.

Hope this helps.

April 5th, 2016, 10:10 PM
nattivillin

You cant select multiple tickets/assets because CommitCRM wont let you. Their reasoning is sound, although it doesn't help to hear "you cant do it"

Their workaround works, but is cumbersome at best.

April 8th, 2016, 02:12 PM
point007

Thanks for the responses! I'll be checking out the suggestion.