RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

July 20th, 2012, 07:55 AM
sgreer

There's a bug in the Reports section. Okay, maybe it's not really a "bug", you guys can make that call.

While in CommitCRM (5.7.0.0), click on Reports --> Calendar and double click on Appointments/Tasks List. The options pop up and you can then select from the variety of fields.

Bug is: the From date field is auto-populated with today's date (should be blank), and the To date field is blank (should be auto-populated with today's date).

July 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Support Team

I believe this is more of a usability preference. Feedback noted. Thank you.

July 30th, 2012, 08:02 AM
sgreer

Actually, I must respectfully disagree with you.

I've looked in the Preferences section, both user and admin, but cannot find a way to set this. Since you mentioned this is "more of a usability preference", I tried to enter the beginning date in the blank/To field and get results but it does not work that way. As it stands, I have to clear out today's date in the From field, enter the actual From date I require, and then enter today's date/other date in the To field to get any results.

If I'm missing the option somewhere in Preferences/Options, please let me know where to change this.

Thanks!

July 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Support Team

I guess the reply wasn't clear. We didn't mean that there are default settings for the Default date range(the From Date) for Calendar reports. It is hard coded for 'Today'.

BTW the Calendar Window itself also opens with 'Today' - for example, Daily view, Appointments list tab.

You can always change the date range manually when generating Calendar reports and select (or clear) the dates set for the From/To filtering fields. When both - 'From' and 'To' fields are filled with selected dates the report will be filtered by both.

In any case, thank you for feedback. It's been noted.