RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 28th, 2010, 11:35 AM
ylomnstr

I have 2 questions regarding assets:

1) Can we attach multiple assets to one ticket? For example, if we have a ticket to deploy 4 workstations to a client, I'd like to attach all 4 assets to that ticket, and not need 4 individual tickets.

2) Can we reassign assets from one client to another client?

January 28th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for sending in these questions. I’ve copied them for easy reference, and attached relevant answers below. Please review.
  • Can we attach multiple assets to one ticket? For example, if we have a ticket to deploy 4 workstations to a client, I'd like to attach all 4 assets to that ticket, and not need 4 individual tickets.
    Each ticket you create in RangerMSP can only be linked to a single specific Asset. If you'd prefer to consolidate the assets logs for all 4 assets in that ticket, you can create a single ticket, and enter the work logs for all 4 assets, and when you're done, you can copy the ticket for each asset and select the right asset.

• Can we reassign assets from one client to another client?
    The RangerMSP system doesn't allow assets to be moved from 1 account to another. The best alternative is to copy the asset to the new account and relink the tickets and other linked information to the new asset before deleting the old asset. The following article includes a similar process for moving tickets from 1 account to another, you should use this process on the assets screen in order to have all the history moved to a new account along with the asset. For more information, please click here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Neta

January 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
AN-Tech

I hate to ask but...... Are there enhancements in the works to allow multiple assets to be assigned to a ticket? This would be extremely helpful.

February 1st, 2010, 06:16 AM
Support Team

Hi,

We aren't currently developing this feature; however, RangerMSP 5.3 will coming out with enhancements to Email Threading and Customer Communication, as well as other features we plan on implementing in this version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sherry