RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

January 24th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Forteks

I've downloaded the trial version with the QuickBooks sync module. When I try to run the wizard, it tells me that it needs to be installed and to select next when finished. The installation runs, but when I select next, it starts the wizard again saying that it is not installed. If I go ahead and let it run, it wants to modify, repair, or remove. It runs in a loop, and never gives me the option to select the QuickBooks file. QuickBooks and CommitCRM are both running locally- any ideas?

January 25th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
This behavior seems to be a problem with the QBFC installation that is supposed to run before you can choose the company file. In order to resolve this, we suggest uninstalling QBFC from the computer in question, and then manually run the QBFC installation from the RangerMSP Folder \RangerMSP\ThirdParty\QuickBooks\QBFC7_0Installer. exe.

Once the QBFC installation is complete, please run the Tools > Options > QuickBooks > Run Installation Wizard.

If your QuickBooks server is of an older version such as 2006, then use of an older version of QBFC may be required, and is available from our website; however, if you think this may be the issue, please let us know which version of QuickBooks you're using so that we can verify this for you.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Bracha

January 26th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Forteks

Bracha, the version of QuickBooks I am running is Premier - Professional Services Edition 2004- which should be supported. I have downloaded and installed qbfc5_0installer, but the results are the same. After a manual install, I open CommitCRM, run tools, options, QuickBooks, run setup wizard. When I click next and next, I get a popup stating that in order to integrate with QuickBooks, a QuickBooks integration infrastructure (QBFC) must be installed. This is not currently installed. Do you want to install it now? This is where the loop starts. Thanks!

January 26th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for the update.
If you're using this version of QBFC for your QuickBooks integration, the RangerMSP software needs to be set to utilize QBFC5 instead of QBFC7.

In order to do this please go to RangerMSP > Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab > Right click the text that says Using QBFC7 for Integration (At the top of the tab when US compatibility mode is selected) > Use QBFC5.

Once this is done (and providing QBFC5 is indeed installed), the installation wizard should allow you to select the company file and use QuickBooks.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Bracha

January 27th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Forteks

Bracha, right clicking the text to change the version wasn’t obvious- but did do the trick. It seems to be working fine now- thanks! Separate issue, but how do you change the text color from blue to black? And the cell background color? I can’t find the options anywhere. I’ve also located a cosmetic issue in this version. If you right click, table options, and bring up text search the window is not sized correctly. When you expand and collapse the window, the bottom section is still a little bit visible. Thanks again!

January 28th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Support Team

Hi,

Thanks for the update.
I’ve copied your questions for easy reference, and attached relevant answers below. Please review.
  • How do you change the text color from blue to black? And the cell background color?
    RangerMSP only allows you to adjust font type and size for the whole system. The ability to adjust font and cell color would require a feature request. I've forwarded these comments to the product management team for review to be placed on the list for consideration. Thanks for the feedback.

• I’ve also located a cosmetic issue in this version. If you right click, table options, and bring up text search the window is not sized correctly. When you expand and collapse the window, the bottom section is still a little bit visible.
    We've run through the steps you've provided us, and we couldn't find any cosmetic issues with the search box. Could you please email us Support @ a screenshot?

Thanks,
Bracha