RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

October 20th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Support Team

RangerMSP User Question*

Is there a way to alert a tech by e-mail that a ticket has been assigned to him automatically out of the system?

--
* Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

October 20th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Support Team

Answer

Sure, that is exactly what Alerts Server module does (and actually much more!).

September 1st, 2016, 11:38 AM
Jim AppleTech

As the Ticket Manager on some of our tickets for a new ticket I currently get an email with subject: [ASSIGNED] CommitCRM Ticket - New [0500-1234, High, Jim AppleTech, Customer].

The body of the email is where I'd like to make a change by adding the Asset Name field.

However, I cannot find the email template that the Tickets table uses to send this email. The template that is marked Default for the Tickets table in the Email Templates screen is something very different. I must be missing something essential.

Any ideas?

September 1st, 2016, 11:53 AM
Support Team

Thank you for asking. Email alerts sent to employees are hard-coded, meaning, you cannot control their structure and content. To some degree this is on purpose allowing you to very easily filter such alerts based on the content and/or subject that all follow a certain format, but we agree that this come with some limitations. We have a request on file to make it more flexible and we'll add your vote to it.

For what it worth, email alerts sent to customers are fully customizable. Such email alerts are based on the Email Templates feature that you referred to and you can select any existing or customized template that will be sent to customers on ticket changes.

Hope this helps and thanks for asking.