RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 13th, 2009, 01:52 PM
emedina

When using Quickbooks Invoice Creation Wizard, I click on the date field to stamp the current date and then click on the due date field to stamp the due date. The due date always defaults to 30 days. My question is, is there a way that the due day can be determined by the terms the customer has with us? In QB, I have set many of our customers to Net 15, and some to Net 30. It would be great to have CommitCRM determine the due date automatically rather than I having to figure that out for each customer as I generate an invoice.

Thanks,

February 13th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Support Team

Hi emedina,

Thank you for your question. Great news! This request is already part of RangerMSP - when using the Invoice Creation Wizard,the Due Date field (and also other fields such as Date, Bill To, etc.) are determined automatically according to their values from QuickBooks. In the wizard, each of these fields says "by <QuickBooks>", which means, that if you leave this field as-is, the value will be taken from QuickBooks, as defined for the customer, which is basically how you want it to behave.

Clicking these fields will set a new default value, which can then be updated manually by you. However, this is usually not required, and you should update these fields only if you want to override the QuickBooks settings for these fields.

I hope this helps to make it clearer!

Doron

February 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
emedina

Is it based on the terms field in QB? I just checked a customer that has net 15 and went over to CommitCRM and tried the wizard again with the same results... It date is calculated to 30 days... Am I missing something?

February 13th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Support Team

Hi emedina,

I am not sure where the confusion is... therefore we need some more information so we can check this - When generating a QuickBooks Invoice for this customer in QuickBooks itself (i.e. w/o using the RangerMSP QuickBooks Link), does the Due Date for this customer is automatically set to 15 days? If so, is this a new term you've just set up for this customer (if so, please try closing QuickBooks and maybe even a PC restart to clear QuickBooks APIs cache and try again). In general, if this field is not specifically set in RangerMSP, its default should be taken from QuickBooks (i.e. behave the same as the default behavior in QuickBooks).

Thanks,
Doron

February 13th, 2009, 03:43 PM
emedina

When creating the invoice in QB the due date comes up correctly. This is not a new term for the customer. The system that runs it has been reset a number of times since as well. Now you mention something about a field not specifically being set in CommitCRM. Where would that field be?

February 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Support Team

Hi emedina,

thanks for the clarification. I believe all that should be changed is that you shouldn't modify the Due Date field at all when using the QuickBooks Invoice creation wizard. By default, this field shows "<by QuickBooks>", which means this should be left as-is and the value will be taken from QuickBooks. See more details in the linked image:

I hope this helps.

Dina