RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

June 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
neil.ewing

Hi guys,

We have been in business for some years now providing managed IT services, and one question still bothers me, and I was wondering if anyone would like to share their insight.

Clearly we are using CommitCRM and previously other systems for ticket management and have always sent a ticket closed email to our customers. We do however, find several issues with this:

1. Customers have a habit of replying to a closed ticket with a new request.
2. Customers often do not reply to our last communication when a problem has been resolved. We usually email them in the ticket thread, tell them that the problem is resolved and ask them to confirm. Often, we have tickets open for weeks as the customer simply never responds to our question. Then we close the ticket, and you can bet that we can a reply from them saying it still isn't working, or they report something else on the closed ticket.

So my question to the good people on this forum is: do you send ticket closed emails ?

I would really appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Neil.

June 6th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Support Team

(Thread moved from the Business Management Forum here)

June 6th, 2013, 06:23 PM
nattivillin

We send them. It causes the same issues you describe.

We actually call to confirm the issue is resolved before we close a ticket. if they reply with a new request, we turn that into a new ticket.