RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

May 23rd, 2013, 04:34 AM
itognet

I have a custom tab under Accounts where I'm adding fields to monitor what contracts the client has signed, for this I would like to make a field/list where I hand pick assets from the asset list, but I cannot figure out how.

Is there a way to set the type to "Select Asset" to link the unique asset to this selection?

I need to be able to pick out the assets, since not all the assets linked to an account are on contract.

Thanks in advance

//Sine

May 23rd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Support Team

You can create a new custom field of the 'Linked object' type. Then, when using the system, by clicking on the field label you can select 'Asset' (e.g. that you wants to link to an Asset) and then select the Asset from the list.

Hope this helps.

May 24th, 2013, 02:11 AM
itognet

Ohh thank you SO much, this was very helpful! :)
Is it possible in any way, to create a list of picks?

Like a list of some (not all) of a client's computers.. Can I make a list that will pop up when I click the field, or can the field only contain one asset?

Kind regards

//Sine

May 24th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Support Team

​Y​ou are welcome. Each such data field holds a link to a single object. You can add several such fields and place them one below the other to get a 'list' affect.

May 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
itognet

Ohh that's a bummer.. :/
For most clients I only need 2-3 but for some I need up to 20 assets..

If you have a brilliant idea on how to make this work, please share. ;)