RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

November 12th, 2012, 11:46 AM
racassel

Hello, working with the Knowledge base, trying to link up some good tech notes on the web and can't seem to find a way, other than copying them to a folder as web archive then create the link. One would think with a program as modern as CommitCRM you could just drag the web page to the docs tab in the article, or at least create a link to a webpage or homepage..... I'm using 5.7.0.0. Any Ideas?

Will the KNowledge base, (or anything else) in CommitCRM support Rich Text or HTML editing? I can't highlight or bold or change the font of anything within the program data entries. All I can do is bold and star *** BE SURE TO PICKUP CHECK***....

November 12th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Support Team

The best option would be to save the Web page to a self contained file, or just html, and then drag drop the Web page into RangerMSP (drop it on the related article). The Web page will be filed under the article and you can open it in a Browser simply by double clicking the Doc. Rich text formatting for the textual articles are not currently supported. Thanks for asking.

November 13th, 2012, 02:10 PM
racassel

Please to consider the ability to add clickable weblinks to documents and assets. Many of our users have multiple websites and portals. Please to consider adding in Rich Text everywhere :) Looking forward to 6.1!

May 23rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
JuernTech

I would like to also ask for an update to the Knowledge Base to convert it to Rich Text or HTML so we can just cut and past content direct from other websites to the Knowledge Base. That is really the only way to have a good Knowledge Base, because we need to be able to include images and clickable hyperlinks.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Support Team

Noted. Thanks.

May 23rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
lpopejoy

I don't think we are worried about rich text making the system to complicated. I'm more concerned that features exist. What's more complicated than a system that has too many features is one that you have to hack features together with ODBC, access, and PHp. Ok, off topic. +100 for rich text and hyperlinks.

May 24th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Support Team

​T​hanks. We were referring to 'features features features' in general, not to this specific request. Thanks.​