RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

February 8th, 2011, 07:21 AM
JoshuaB

Anyway to have the system automatically email a report to specified user(s) daily?

Our techs really like the Calendar->Appointments report for the day. Easy PDF they can reference throughout. Anyway to automate this?

I guess I hope native syncing with Google Calendar is on the list as it might make this a moot point. However I'm there are many other reports that would be nice daily/weekly/monthly.

Thanks.

February 8th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Support Team

Joshua,

Reports are only sent automatically to customers when a Ticket is opened/closed. Currently you cannot set the system to send weekly Calendar reports automatically, though you can sync your data with Outlook and have it synced with the technicians mobile devices (or if you use Google Calendar, have it sync with their Outlook - it now holds the RangerMSP data). A direct sync with Google Calendar is on our list indeed.

Hope this helps,
Dina

February 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM
JoshuaB

Dina,

Yes, we synced to Outlook, then to Google, but is a pain, and unreliable solution, requiring the PC, Outlook, and CommitCRM to be open.

Automated options for emailing reports would be a nice feature. Will you consider it? Monthly asset expiring report, charges by month by employee report (can't remember the name) would be nice, etc.

February 8th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Support Team

Yes. Thank you.

February 14th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Coalescent

+1 for automated reports. This would be a tremendous help to us.

February 17th, 2011, 06:42 PM
nattivillin

+1 I could see how this would be very helpful.

May 8th, 2013, 02:51 AM
chumbert

+1 this would be great to have a daily report/reports sent to get a company overview every day!

May 22nd, 2013, 06:22 PM
racassel

You could automate a report by using a macro recorder, maybe the free autohotkey program in an hour or two on a Saturday afternoon.....CommitCRM is running on a machine to sync and send alerts anyhow :) . I think there is a lot that could automated easily with a little work to the alert server. Features! Features! Features! That's what sells software.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Support Team

Thanks for the feedback. One note though - more features may sell more software however adding new features should be done very carefully or else you end up with a too complex system that nobody wants... So, the hard thing to do is to include new features in a way that does not make the system more complex.

May 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM
natrat

That's a bit disingenuous CommitCRM guys. The actual trick is making functioning software that is easy to use. It can still be ultra powerful. There's no problem with adding in more complex functionality as long as your user interface (menu options etc and ways to access these complex functions) is laid out in a clever way that doesn't confuse new users. Suggesting that you need to limit the software's functionality to continue to get new users is pretty backward thinking, but that mindset certainly does explain why it can take years before a feature is added!

May 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Support Team

We are not hinting this. We just say that "adding new features should be done very carefully" and that "...the hard thing to do is to include new features in a way that does not make the system more complex"

So, I believe that we're on the same page here :-)